A Kurdish journalist, Pakhshan Azizi, is still being held
11:17 - 10/11/2023
According to the reports received by Hana Human Rights Organization: three months have passed since the arrest of Pakhshan Azizi, a journalist and social worker from Mahabad, so far there is no information about her fate and condition.
39-year-old newspaper reporter, social worker graduate and former political prisoner, was arrested by government forces in Tehran on August 4, 2023, and then transferred to Ward 209 of Evin Prison.
It should be noted that this female Kurdish activist has been deprived of any human rights since her arrest.
Ms. Azizi previously was arrested by the government forces on November 16, 2009 during the protest gatherings of Tehran University students against political executions in Kurdistan and was finally released on bail.
- Pakhshan Azizi, a Kurdish journalist, has been charged for "membership in the opposition groups of the country"
- Arrest of a citizen from Mahabad by security forces
- Siamand Mina was released from Mahabad prison on bail
- Two citizens were arrested by security forces in Mahabad
- Ashkan Fahim, a citizen of Mahabad, was sentenced to imprisonment and exile