"Sajad Moradi Vandan" started a hunger strike in Ilam detention center
07:47 - 16/3/2023
According to the reports received by HANA human rights organization: Sajad Moradivandan, a Kurdish citizen from Abdanan, on Tuesday morning, March 14, 2023, went on a hunger strike in protest against the lack of processing of his case in the Central Intelligence Detention Center of Ilam by sewing his lips.
According to a source, the justice officials of Abdanan city, despite their promises, have prevented him from handling the case and accepting bail.
While sewing his lips, this protesting prisoner said that he needs to take his medicines daily. At the beginning of this month, he went on a hunger strike to protest the status of his case, and after four days, he conditionally broke his hunger strike with the video conference of the Chief Justice of Ilam province and the promise to follow up on his case.
Also, in connection with this report, another prisoner with the identity of "Rasul Karimi" from Ilam committed suicide in protest against the lack of handling of his cases in this detention center by taking pills and then went to Razi Hospital for gastric lavage.
- Abadanan; Arrest of a citizen by intelligence agency forces
- Arresting and summoning a Sanandaj citizen
- The arrest of Mohammad Daniyali, a cultural activist from Abdanan
- Arrest of two more citizens from Bukan by government forces
- Dehgolan; The arrest of Kamal Lotfi, the father of Reza Lotfi, one of the martyrs of the Zina movement