"Sajad Moradi Vandan" started a hunger strike in Ilam detention center
07:47 - 16/3/2023
According to the reports received by HANA human rights organization: Sajad Moradivandan, a Kurdish citizen from Abdanan, on Tuesday morning, March 14, 2023, went on a hunger strike in protest against the lack of processing of his case in the Central Intelligence Detention Center of Ilam by sewing his lips.
According to a source, the justice officials of Abdanan city, despite their promises, have prevented him from handling the case and accepting bail.
While sewing his lips, this protesting prisoner said that he needs to take his medicines daily. At the beginning of this month, he went on a hunger strike to protest the status of his case, and after four days, he conditionally broke his hunger strike with the video conference of the Chief Justice of Ilam province and the promise to follow up on his case.
Also, in connection with this report, another prisoner with the identity of "Rasul Karimi" from Ilam committed suicide in protest against the lack of handling of his cases in this detention center by taking pills and then went to Razi Hospital for gastric lavage.
- Abdanan/ A 19-year-old man was sentenced to prison for participating in the Women's Life, Freedom movement
- Arrest of a citizen by security forces in Mergewer
- Sarina Saedi's brother and aunt are arrested by government forces in Sanandaj
- A citizen of Bukan was arrested by government forces
- Bukan; Summoning the father and sister of the deceased "Mohammed Hassan Zadeh" by the Intelligence Department.