Two civil activists were summoned and arrested in Dehgolan
07:33 - 11/9/2023
According to Hana's colleagues; On Saturday, September 9, 2023, two teachers and civil activists named "Azad Abbasi" and Sirous Abbasi" were arrested after being summoned and referred to the Dehgolan Revolutionary Prosecutor's Office, and were taken to Qorweh Prison to execute the sentence of imprisonment.
Farideh Veisi, the wife of Sirous Abbasi, a member of the board of directors of the Kurdistan Roznobar Educational Institute, published a post on her Instagram page and stated that the reason for the arrest of these two civil activists was the failure to back down from their previous work and activity positions.
It should be mentioned that Sirous and Azad Abbasi, these two brothers and civil activists, were arrested by the government forces on September 22, 2022 for supporting the revolutionary movement of Women, Life, Freedom, and after the interrogation, they were transferred to Sanandaj Central Prison and after a while, they were released on bail.
These two civil activists were sentenced by the Dehgolan Criminal Court to 10 months in prison for "propaganda against the regime", 18 months in prison for disrupting public order, and 48 months in prison for collusion against national security.
- A citizen from Salas Babajani was arrested by the security forces
- In Mahabad, four citizens were arrested by security forces
- A citizen of Marivan has been arrested by security forces
- Armita Gravand, a 16-year-old student, died after 28 days in the intensive care unit of Fajar Hospital in Tehran.
- Yassir Nouri received a four-month prison sentence