A cleric from Sanandaj was sentenced to flogging, imprisonment, and disrobing
08:00 - 25/5/2023
Hana; According to the received report, Abdul Jabbar Lotfi, the imam of the Irshad Mosque in Sanandaj, was sentenced to seven and a half months in prison, 74 lashes and removal of his clerical clothes by the clerical court.
The accusations against this religious cleric, which were issued by the Hamadan Clergy Court due to his support for the Zhina movement, were called "propaganda against the system" and "confounding the public mind."
- The release of three labor activists from Sanandaj prison on bail
- Two Kurdish clerics were summoned to the Hamedan Clergy Special Court
- Sanandaj; Arrest of a citizen by government forces
- Another citizen is arrested by government forces in Sanandaj
- Labor activist Iqbal Shabani was released on bail
Related newsAbdul Jabbar LotfiClericSanandaj
1 A report on the murder of a Kurdish immigrant woman in Finland 2 The mother of Idris Faqihi, was arrested 3 Death of a worker due to lack of safety in the workplace 4 Saqqez; Abduction of a citizen by government forces 5 Kurdistan Human Rights Organization's criticism and reaction to Iran's appointment as chairman of the sessions of the "Social Assembly of the Human Rights Council".