At least 53 Kolbar were killed and wounded in April 2022
06:50 - 2/5/2022
Hana: The Statistics Center of the Hana Human Rights Organization has collected data and statistics related to the deaths of border couriers known as Kolbar in various parts of Iranian Kurdistan. This statistic has been prepared with the efforts of Hana's colleagues.
In this section, the statistics of Kurdish Kolbars casualties in April 2022 are presented.
In April, at least 53 Kolbars were killed and wounded during work.
All of the casualties are male.
5 people were killed, four of them by direct fire from the Islamic Republic's border forces, and one died of cardiac arrest due to pressure while fleeing from the Islamic Republic's forces.
This month,48 Kolbars were injured,46 of them by direct fire from the Islamic Republic's border forces, and two was injured in natural disasters.
Kolbari is a phenomenon caused by poverty and systematic unemployment in Kurdistan, and people are forced to do Kolbary. It is dangerous for the people of Kurdistan that Law enforcement, the Revolutionary Guards, or the border guards of the Islamic Republic shoot directly at the Kolbars, killing or injuring a number on a daily basis.
Hana Human Rights Organization
05:47 - 3/5/2022 Updated.
- Statistics on the human rights situation in May 2022 in Iranian Kurdistan
- 28 Kolbars killed and injured in May 2022
- A Kolbar from Saqez was injured at the border of Baneh
- Banah: A Kurdish Kolber was wounded in a direct fire attack by military forces
- Statistics on the human rights situation in April 2022 in Iranian Kurdistan