Statistics of detainees in August 2021 in the provinces of Kurdistan
07:15 - 3/9/2021
Hana: Every day, a number of our Kurdish compatriots in the cities and villages of Iranian Kurdistan in all four provinces are detained by the military, law enforcement and security forces, mostly without a court order
and for various reasons and excuses, and outside international custom and law they are detained for long periods of time, without their cases being heard in a court of law with a lawyer.
Here, with the help of the staff of the Statistics Center of the Hana Human Rights Organization, statistics on the number of detainees in August 2021 have been prepared and will be made available to you, human rights defenders and the international community. It should be noted that this statistic was the ultimate effort of Hana colleagues in the country, but it is likely that the statistic will be more than this number.
In August, 31 people were arrested in the provinces of Kurdistan, including 30 men and one woman.
In terms of provincial segregation,
6 Cases in Sanandaj province,
23 cases in Uromiah province ە
1 Case in Kermanshah province ە,
And 1 case has occurred in Ilam province.
Hana Human Rights Organization
September, 1, 2021
- Statistics on the human rights situation in April 2022 in Iranian Kurdistan
- At least 53 Kolbar were killed and wounded in April 2022
- At least 180 labor and trade union activists have been detained since May 2021 till May 2022.
- Statistics of the human rights situation in the first quarter of 2022 in Iranian Kurdistan
- Statistics on the human rights situation in January 2022 in Iranian Kurdistan